Friday 22 May 2015

TO FALL, TO RISE- Poetry

                                      

Step back from that mirror
The fault is, and is not yours
Because If you do what
I think you want to
I am not sure you will want
What I want to think
Will happen
To those who do
What I think you are about to do
So let the knife on the floor, clang
And don’t let your neck on the rope, hang
Stop the head-bang
It’s a command, from Me
It is done, the deed.
As much as I know
You know, or knew, what to do
You wish it hadn’t happened
But it’s been done, the deed
The shame has been distributed
As well as the glee thereof
To the respective owners
It’s just my turn
To do my bit
of whipping you
And I advise
You brace up for the others.
Because it’s done, the deed.
I wouldn’t say Facebook was the worst of places
Neither will BBM ever rank as bad avenue
To spread My Word
But it all started, and I hope you remember
When you insisted
Women were the most vulnerable
Despite my warnings
Those times, those days….
The fights we fought like Sumo wrestlers!
The arguments we argued like senior advocates on duty!
Each night the pretext
Of explaining Scripture to her
Would prove more important
Than the calls for evening devotion
And even when you sang
If at all you were present
I would wrestle for your subconscious
With her.
Are you crying?
When Its done, the deed?
I watched your face
 The first night she sent you a hug smiley
After cleverly diverting the scriptural topic
And I saw a let-down guard
Carelessness screaming
Wantonness opened its mouth, swallowing you
Danger beeping, in bold red
You were too carried away to notice
Now the result is clear
She just left the house of an evangelist!
Step back from the mirror, I say
Because its done, the deed.
You told her trousers were wrong for her as a lady
And when she promised YOU she would buy gowns and skirts
You did not correct her
Neither did you remind her who she was obeying
Now watch
Who spent the night with a strange lady?
An evangelist!
Grieve not,
For its done, the deed.
Step back from the mirror
And step back into Me
Deeper and further
Rise from the ashes
And rise in Me
The victory of the Accuser
Is but for a while
And if I am convinced of your penitence
I will turn the hot on him
And say he did it, the deed!


Ogbonna Nnaemeka Henry.






1 comment:

  1. powerful. servants of God should be careful how they go about propagating the gospel. the devil hates them and will stop at nothing.

    ReplyDelete